I would like to thank the wonderful Anne Orchard for kindly nominating me for this blog award. As a relatively new blogger I do feel honoured.
Like most of these blog-hopping things, there are rules which I’ve been asked to pass on, so here they are …….
Thank the person who nominated you (obviously!);
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post;
Share 7 things about you;
Pass the award on to seven nominees;
Include this set of rules;
Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So here we go …..
Seven Things About Me
- I’ve been freelancing for 20 years as a trainer and consultant for charities …….
- ……. but I’m going to retire at the end of March 2013 (hurrah!);
- I share my time between the two loveliest places in the world – Shaftesbury in Dorset, and Colmenar in the Axarquía region of Málaga in Spain;
- I’m pedantic about grammar, apostrophes and spelling and believe that all writers should be too (ooh that sets me up – hope I haven’t got any wrong in this post!);
- I sing second alto (that’s the low women’s part), have sung frequently in the Royal Albert Hall and the Festival Hall in London, and have now also performed in Moreno’s Bar in Puente Don Manuel;
- I’m pretty sure my politics have remained the same for the last 30 years – it’s the Labour Party that has changed, not me;
- The two little Spanish girls in the house next door thing I’m completely barmy, so they worked it out pretty quickly.
And now not “One Lovely Blog” but SEVEN that I’d like to introduce to you:
Tapas in Málaga: Michael Soffe is the fount of all knowledge about Málaga, and although he is a brand-new blogger I just know that this will be a blog worth following (just wait for the acerbic wit to begin emerging!). “From Tutus and Toronto to Tapas” http://tapasinmalaga.wordpress.com/
East of Málaga: Marianne is one of those wonderfully-encouraging women that enable you to do more than you thought you could. She takes superb pictures around the Axarquía región for her blog: http://eastofmalaga.net/
Annie McDowall is one of those multi-talented people too nice to dislike! Her first novel “Charity Begins with Murder” http://amzn.to/RBYRwH is a great murder-mystery set in a small London charity. Her blog is more focussed on her coaching work and is always worth a read. http://beanstalkcoaching.wordpress.com/
Arguing Over Olives: This is a “tell it how it really is” blog about moving to Spain. Eggcup writes with no holds barred and doesn’t dress it up as “living the dream”. Sometimes tough to read but always honest http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/olives.aspx
“About Writing, Life, and “Writing About Life”: Anne Orchard writes informatively about writing, and always with humility and compassion. Her book “Their Cancer – Your Journey” helps carers deal with their situation and is written from her own experience of caring for her mother. http://anneorchardwriter.wordpress.com/
“Andalucia Explorer” is written by Rachel Webb, who must feel like I’m her stalker, because every time she writes about somewhere I turn up there a couple of days later! She knows the area well and inspires me to visit new places. http://andaluciaexplorer.blogspot.com.es/
La Rosilla: The multi-talented Lynsey Drake cooks, entertains, and writes, all of which would be annoying except she’s so nice! http://larosilla.info/2012/12/
So those are my seven, in no particular order. I hope you’ll enjoy hopping over to a few of them – I’m sure you’ll agree with me that they are all highly deserving of the “One Lovely Blog” award!
© Tamara Essex 2013